Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Random Reflection

Tonight I have taken some time for me. The past month has been hectic--quite the emotional roller coaster. I'm ready for some normalcy in my life, but know that it is not going to happen anytime soon.

2007 and 2008 were the most amazing, self-rewarding and motivating years of my life. Now, it's the beginning of February 2009 and I'm tired, worn and heartbroken.

Last week my grandfather passed away. It's hard to describe the feelings that have overtaken me. My heart hurts. At first it hurt to breathe. Grumps was one of the most important men in my life and knowing I can not be with him is hard. I've heard it all, "it's for the better," "it's just the way life is" etc. I do appreciate everyone's support and condolences but am still extremely sad. Thank you Momma and Chris for the beautiful flowers.

For the first time in many years I was able to spend my birthday with my entire family. Although the circumstances were not ideal, I can thank Grumps for bringing me closer to those that I love and showing me the true colors of others. Samantha, I do want to add that I'm so grateful that we have become so close and I want you to know that I love you dearly and can not wait to spend the rest of our lives being the best of friends. (Including having Brian come install my new big screen!) :P

I have made the decision to have Lasik surgery in two weeks. It's going to take a chunk out of my checking account. but since I loose State insurance in May, I think it is for the better. Wow, May is an entire story in itself! After 18 years of school, I finally graduate! (Not to say I will not enroll again, but its nice knowing I could be officially done!) Enrolling or not, I now have to take the step of actually being an Adult! That means no more mommy and daddy paying for my insurance or being my personal loan center...scary! I am so grateful to have had their suppot as well. I have made the decision not to attend graduation, maybe I'll celebrate with friends and family at happy hour! I would like to save my vacation days for the camping trip at Sheeps Crossing--to take Grumps to wear he requested to spend eternity.

Last but surely not least, Brandon has officially been hired with Gilbert. It has been a long, drawn-out process but it's finally over! In 3 weeks he will be moving to Gilbert with me. It's a scary change--big commitment. But, I couldn't be happier.

3 comments:

Camron and Lonna Connolly said...

were going for work. we'll b back at summers end

Nic and Jessica Despain Family said...

working and staying busy with the husband and daughter. I know it all depends on how many rooms and all that but give me a call some time 4803889647:)

Nic and Jessica Despain Family said...

Hey lady I need your address!! text it to me as soon as possible thanks!!

Blog Archive